Uniqueness

I am usually one of those people who mind their own business. When I walk through a mall, I used to  talk on the phone and go to the store without seeing the people around; however, since Alyssa was born, I am looking around more. I try to see people's faces. Some people look distressed, some people look in a hurry, some others look "just chilling", but I am looking for something more. I look around for special kids like mine. Since I had Alyssa, I havent seen any at all. I wonder if it is because of our society has left us behind or they just ignore us and make us skip life around.
I see Alyssa and how unique she is. Yes she is different, but no more than any other baby pushed around in the mall. Maybe I am looking at the wrong places. In therapy, there are a few kids like Alyssa, but our words dont seem to collide, we have different schedules. I only have a few friends, yet most of them are from baby center. I just wish I find people IRL to relate to. I pray everyday, my little one gets accepted by her peers when the time comes. In the meantime, I know at home, she is the sunshine of our lives, we accept her how she is and we are grateful she give us so much joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christopher

First Valentines Day

Gracias Mami